If you’re looking for ways to travel more sustainably, one of the things you can do is to pack eco-friendly items that reduce your environmental impact. In this blog post, I’ll share some of the essential items for eco-friendly travel that I always bring with me on my trips.
- A reusable water bottle: This is a no-brainer, but it’s worth repeating. A reusable water bottle can save you money and prevent plastic waste from ending up in landfills or oceans. You can choose a water bottle that has a filter, like LifeStraw Go, which can purify water from any source and protect you from harmful bacteria and viruses.
- A bamboo toothbrush: Did you know that every plastic toothbrush you’ve ever used is still somewhere on the planet? That’s because plastic toothbrushes take hundreds of years to decompose. A bamboo toothbrush, on the other hand, is biodegradable and natural. You can also get bamboo toothpaste tablets that come in a glass jar, which are more eco-friendly than plastic tubes.
- A solar charger: If you want to keep your devices powered up without relying on fossil fuels, a solar charger is a great option. You can use it to charge your phone, camera, laptop, or any other gadget that has a USB port. A solar charger is especially useful if you’re travelling to remote areas where electricity is scarce or unreliable.
- A shampoo bar: Another way to reduce your plastic consumption is to switch to a shampoo bar instead of a liquid shampoo. A shampoo bar is a solid block of soap that cleans your hair just as well as a liquid shampoo, but without the plastic bottle. You can also get conditioner bars, body bars, and face bars that are made with natural ingredients and are gentle on your skin.
- A reusable shopping bag: When you’re travelling, you might need to buy some groceries, souvenirs, or other items along the way. Instead of accepting plastic bags from the shops, bring your own reusable shopping bag that you can fold and store in your backpack. You can also use it as a laundry bag or a beach bag.